Friday, 31 October 2014

Chocolate Protein Brownies

I've been absolutely pathetic with updating my blog. I gotta get my act together.

Asked by many, here are my Chocolate Protein Brownies! The recipe is adapted from Ambitious Kitchen

Chocolate Protein Brownies

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice (I prefer Chocolate JaktRx)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (I used 1% milk)
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup raspberries, cut in halves or quarters

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F
1. If you don't have oat flour, measure out oats and make your own flour! Use a food processor for a minute or another blending machine to get the oats closely to a flour like consistency.
2. Whisk Cocoa and Protein powder with the oat flour you just made.
3. Mix in applesauce, milk, honey, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
4. In a double broiler or microwave, add the coconut oil and chocolate chips until melted and add to your brownie mixture.
5. Grease or spray a 8 x 8 pan, and put your brownie mixture in. Add the raspberries on top, and you can also sprinkle some chocolate chips too. That's fun!
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes (this took me a lot longer than Ambitious Kitchen), until the top has set and a toothpick doesn't come out too wet. It will be naturally a bit wet.
7. Let cool completely, I find they taste way better after being in the fridge for some time. Brownies should be kept in the fridge, also good to freeze as well. I recommend cutting it into 12 pieces.

Per piece: Calories 115, Fat 6g, Carbs 15g, Protein 8g

Enjoy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment