September is one of those hardest times of the year to have any extra-curricular time, as my job gets exponentially busier at this time. Also sometimes the busiest times of the year also means that it's easier to forget to eat! I've started drinking smoothies in the morning to try to get my body used to having some fuel but also kick start my day, especially before a morning workout.
On the "If It Fits My Macros, I Eat What I Want" belief, things have been working out beautifully. I've been on the program for about a week and a half now, and I'm down four pounds, yet my gains have been explosive. I hit some new PRs this week in Overhead Squat, Full Clean + Thruster, and Power Clean. The program has exposed to me what foods I'm not giving my body enough, so I try to make more informed choices so my body gets the right macros.
Before a workout, my body needs some carbs to work on. As I'm not a breakfast eater, nor do I have the time or ability to make too much sound at 5am - I've started with prepping some smoothies the night before. I've purchased a NutriBullet to help make smaller portions, but also if I'm going to be using any nut butters - this will not contaminate our main blender.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 100g Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Neilson Trutaste 1% milk
- 1/2 banana (roughly around 60-65g)
Macros: Fat 1 - Carbs 29 - Protein 6
Raspberry Banana Smoothie
- 100g Raspberry
- 1/2 cup Neilson Trutaste 1% milk
- 1/2 banana (roughly around 60-65g)
Macros: Fat 2 - Carbs 32- Protein 6
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 100g Blueberry
- 1/2 cup Neilson Trutaste 1% milk
- 1/2 banana (roughly around 60-65g)
Macros: Fat 2 - Carbs 34 - Protein 6
Funky Monkey Smoothie
- 1 banana (roughly around 126g)
- 1/2 cup Neilson Trustaste 1% milk
- 1 scoop JaktRx Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 Tblsp President's Choice Just Peanuts Peanut Butter
- Optional: water to top up
Macros: Fat 12 - Carbs 38 - Protein 33
Without Peanut Butter: Macros: Fat 4 - Carbs 35 - Protein 30
0 comments:
Post a Comment