Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Sweet Potato Hash

I'm not a big breakfast person, but on the weekend when I'm not rushing to go places - I don't mind spending the time to eat breakfast. Eating no wheat can limit your options, and there are only so many times I can eat eggs just the way they are.

So I bring you my version of Sweet Potato Hash!



Ingredients:
- 1-2 sweet potato
- 2-3 eggs
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- paprika, pepper, chili pepper to taste
- avocado (half)

Directions:

1. Chop up all of your vegetables (mushrooms, red pepper, red onion), heat over a pan lightly greased and sautee for 5-8 minutes.

2. While your vegetables are cooking, send your sweet potato through the spiralizer. I recommend the one with the smallest holes. You could also use a julienne peeler, but the sprializer is the quickest.

3. Add sweet potato "ribbons" to the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes until they are soft. You can cook for longer if you perhaps want a crispier potato! Remove sweet potato and vegetables from pan.

4.  Time to make your eggs. As the picture above, I made my eggs scrambled. I've also done this with sunny side up! Totally up to you how you want to make your eggs. Top with avocado slices when you are done!


0 comments:

Post a Comment