I did my first Toe to Bar (3 in total). And I did 5 pull ups assisted with the black band. Now it's time to move to the very last assistance band, the red band. I love progress.
Vegetable Kale Soup
Now, before we get started let me be honest with you. I added quinoa to this soup. You can easily not add quinoa to the soup to make it 100% paleo, unless you are going for your 20% cheat. I think the quinoa also added a nice flavour to it.
Adapted from Canadian Living Magazine
Ingredients
2 teaspoon olive oil (or your preferred paleo oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, minced
1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 cups vegetable broth (preferably homemade if you can)
3 cups water
1/2 cup quinoa (omit for Paleo)
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups kale, thinly sliced
1) In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat; toss in onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes.
2) Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally until begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in sweet potato, 3 cups water, broth, quinoa and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cooking until quinoa is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
3) Stir in kale, cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
Information about today's WOD at Crossfit Vortex after the jump!
Mobility WOD
- Olympic Wall Squat with Internal or External Rotation
- Shoulder MOB of your choice
Pre-WOD
2 touch and go reps EMOM 7 minutes, no dropping the bar
- Clean and Push Jerk (65)
WOD
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time:
- Back extension
- Sit-Up
- Overhead Squat (21, 18 reps with 45. 35 for rest of reps)
Time: 15:19
C&J was good at 65, for the number of reps it was appropriate. The WOD was a tricky one, I really wanted to do 45 lbs for the overhead squats it just didn't happen. I did snatch the bar to get it up for the overhead squat.
And as I mentioned, I did toe-to-bar and black assistance band pull ups today. Time to move to the red band and after that - it's pull my own weight time. I am so excited.


0 comments:
Post a Comment