Sunday, 19 January 2014

Chocolate Pudding

Last night was the Crossfit Vortex's First Annual Paleo Cook-Off at our place, and it was a huge hit. I'll post a follow up with some photos shortly, but big thanks to all who came out, brought food, shared a drink, cleaned up my kitchen - you are all welcome again in a heart beat. Love being a part of this community.

Like most women, I enjoy chocolate. A lot. If you were to put two types of desserts in front of me, and one had chocolate and the other without - I'd go with the chocolate one hands down. I wouldn't even ask what it is. I'd probably just eat it. One of my very good friend's last night brought over her paleo recipe books, I was flipping through them tonight and I found a recipe called "Moo-less Chocolate Mousse". I adapted it, and I call it: Chocolate Pudding. Original. 

Paleo Chocolate Pudding


Adapted from Practical Paleo

Ingredients:
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk 
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and run until smooth.

Depending on your taste and consistency preference, you could add more maple syrup to make it sweeter. I would taste test it first before doing so. You could also probably add an additional tablespoon of milk, but I wouldn't do too much more than that.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment