Breakfast and I have had a long complicated relationship. One of those reasons may be that I don't wake up early enough to eat breakfast, I usually wake up for work with enough time to do a 5 minute face and be out the door. I don't eat breakfast mainly because I feel pretty nauseous after it. It doesn't matter what food it is, it just usually doesn't agree. I know they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I've seem to get pretty far in life and I'm doing a-ok. When I wake up, I never feel hungry - so I don't force myself to eat.
Instead, I prefer eating either later in the morning or especially after a WOD. That's right, I WOD on an empty stomach. The one time I did eat before the WOD I thought I was going to spew all over the gym.
But today I decided to make breakfast. An omelette. I'm also not kidding when I say, I brought the plate to the kitchen counter to eat it, and I was no longer hungry. I ate my apple for the sake of just eating a little something. (If my mother was reading this, [I should probably tell her about my blog] she'd probably would want picture proof that I ate an apple).
So my breakfast omelette (at this point better described as scrambled eggs) is hanging out in the fridge waiting for me to heat it up later when I'm actually hungry enough to eat it. I very rarely buy salami, it's a special treat every now and then in our household. Some of my fondest memories of salami would definitely be (in no particular order):
- Salami sandwiches as my grandmother's.
- The sheer joy of opening my lunch at elementary school and finding a salami sandwich. This one ranks as high as days when we found chocolate milk in our lunch.
- After a surgery, my mom made me a salami sandwiches with all dressed chips (I may have been loopy on drugs, but there are things you don't forget.) Oh wait, I realize why I didn't forget. I took a picture of this glorious lunch that I may or may not have thrown up after in August of 2008:
- Catching on how my dad did it, quietly take the salami out of the fridge, cut a slice or two and eat it.
- Salami and Eggs. 'Nuff said.
The Breakfast Omelette
Recipe and WOD after the jump!
The Breakfast Omelette
- 1 egg
- 1/3 of an onion, diced
- 5-6 slices of white mushroom
- 3-4 slices of salami, diced
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- Sriracha
Heat pan to medium high. Add in onion and mushroom, sauté for 6-8 minutes until onion becomes translucent. Add in salami, cook for 2-3 to let it brown. In a cup, add in 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water and whisk. (A little bit of water helps the egg be a bit more fluffy). Add egg to pan and sriracha to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes (depends on how many eggs and the size of your pan, so watch it carefully) and then flip it on to the other side and cook for 3-4 minutes.
So, I have to say my flip didn't go over very well. So the omelette turned into scrambled eggs. But it's still going to be good.
Saturday's WOD at Crossfit Vortex
![]() |
| Kristi and the Batman & Robin WOD (photo cred. B.J Stewart) |
This was a surprise partner WOD that we did on Saturday. Lucky for me my partner was established for me as my husband came with me for the workout. For this workout, we had Partner A (Batman) and Partner B (Robin). Partner A would be in a plank position, while Partner B was completing another exercise. Partner A would need to hold a plank for 1:30, and if Partner A needed a break, then Partner B would have to stop their exercise too. If Partner A took a break after being in their plank for 1:05, they would still have to complete the 25 seconds to finish the round. Then Partner B would take over with the plank and partner A would do the other exercise. Once completing all four exercise and if time allows, start again. We kept track of how many reps of the exercise we could do.
25 minute AMRAP Teams of 2:
First exercise
Partner A: 1:30 plank
Partner B: KB swing
[Switch and Repeat]
Second exercise:
Partner A: 1:30 plank
Partner B: Double Under
[Switch and Repeat]
Third exercise:
Partner A: 1:30 plank
Partner B: Burpees
[Switch and Repeat]
Fourth exercise:
Partner A: 1:30 plank
Partner B: Sumo Deadlift High Pull (with KB)
[Switch and Repeat]
My husband and I did very well and we hit total score of 381, which was great. We used a 12kg KB for the exercises. I hit a PR for Double Unders, did 38 unbroken. Here are my scores:
KB swing: 36, 26
DU: 53, 62
Burpee: 18
SDHP: 24




Awesome score for the partner WOD! 38 unbroken Dubs??? that is great!! and I love, love omelettes!
ReplyDelete