I need to admit, I'm having a love affair with my slow cooker. How have I gone these many years of life and cooking without one? It is definitely one of the most handy tools to have in the kitchen. One of my favourite things about it is that you can easily cook large quantities and then freeze whatever you don't eat.
Look at that mountain of goodness. Let's just get to the recipe right now cause I'm hungry. After the jump!
Paleo Honey Pulled Chicken
Adapted from Very Culinary
Ingredients
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup tamari (or you can make your own here: Is Tamari Paleo?)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pepper, paprika and other spices to taste
Directions
1) Season chicken breast to liking and put in slow cooker
2) In a small bowl, add honey, tamari, onion, tomato paste, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Mix and pour over chicken.
3) Cook on low for 4 hours.
4) Remove from slow cooker and use two forks to shred the chicken.
Eat.


0 comments:
Post a Comment