Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Recipes & WODs

I also will be posting the WODs at Crossfit Vortex that I do that goes along with the Paleo challenge. The challenge technically begins on Thursday, but I feel like sharing anyway.

Today was overall a good day for me, I had to take it easy after last night's WOD. It is so tempting to want to push yourself to do more, because you know you are capable in doing so. Now this is just one of the many areas that Crossfit does better than normal gyms: Coaching. You receive constant coaching and support, and it is their job to make sure that you are being safe through out all of the movements. By nature, Crossfit can become competitive - and I don't really mean competing with others. In fact, I really don't pay much attention to how much others are doing in the gym. I truly mean that you may be competitive with yourself. Everyday I go, I always hope that I can do better than the day before. It doesn't always happen, but the drive is certainly there. So without Kristi telling me that I have to go light today, who knows what kind of trouble I could have gotten myself into. Looking back, I'm glad she told me to go light so I can recovery fully for Paleo testing!

But I'm pretty sure I complained through the entire WOD because I wanted to lift some heavy things.

WOD at Crossfit Vortex

Pre-WOD
2 Power Snatch (heavy) EMOM 8 mins.

WOD
3 Rounds of (with 12 min cap):
10 Push Jerk (135/95) (I did 45)
20 Toe to Bar
50 Double Under

Completed 2 Rounds and 20 Toe to Bar in 12:00

In addition, I hit a Personal Awesome (also known as Personal Record or PR) for number of Double Unders in a row: 25!


1 comment:

  1. Rachel you are so awesome and are getting stronger everyday!!.. can not wait till I can get my dubs in too!

    ReplyDelete